I’ve been blessed to collaborate with Matt Guevara and Amy Dolan over the past year on this What Matters Now in Children’s Ministry project. It all started as a crazy idea Matt had to create an innovative way to spark conversations in the kidmin world around the question, “What Matters Now in Children’s Ministry?” We gathered responses from 33 leaders, and with the generosity of our friends at Imago, we released a free eBook as well as published a print version that kidmin leaders could use to spark conversations in their ministries and in their networks. Never in our wildest dreams did we imagine that the eBook would be downloaded over 3500 times!
It’s a year later, and once again, we are sitting back in amazement at where the What Matters Now in Children’s Ministry project has gone. Today, January 27th, is the first day of the What Matters Now in Children’s Ministry Video Web Conference! We have gathered videos from 22 kidmin leaders sharing their answers to What Matters Now in Children’s Ministry and are sharing them with the kidmin community for free until February 2. None of this would be possible without each of the contributors and the amazing generosity of Jeremy Collins and the Pajama Conference, which also recently hosted the Visionary Family Conference and will be hosting the Children’s Ministry Telesummit.
- In order to take part in the conference, you’ll have to register, first. Don’t worry. It is completely free! (If you’ve previously registered for a conference hosted by Pajama Conference, just log in to your account and register for the conference under the “Events” tab.)
- Once you’ve registered, be sure you are logged into the Pajama Conference site and then click on the “wmncm: video edition” link on the “Events” tab.
- When you are on the conference page, click on “Speakers/Topics” on the right-hand side menu
- On the Speakers/Topics page you will see pictures of each speaker along with the word they’ve chosen as their answer to “What Matters Now in Children’s Ministry?” To view the videos, simply click on the picture of the speaker you want to watch. You will be directed to a page where you can watch the video. If the page doesn’t show up after a short while or the page is blank, you may need to reload you page.
- Please interact with the video by leaving a comment in the comments section or replying to someone else’s comment.
That’s it! You’re set to go! If you’re more of a visual person when it comes to following directions to register and navigate the conference page, check out the video below.
Some other notes…
- As you watch the videos, please post your thoughts and insights via Twitter using #cmwhatmatters as the hashtag and on Facebook tagging the WMNCM FB page
- You can also have further discussions on Kidology and CMConnect
- For a list of all the speakers, check out Amy’s post
- There will be live chats with Matt, Amy and me on the conference site:
- Amy: Thursday, January 27 at 3:00 P.M. CST
- Henry: Monday, January 31 at 2:00 P.M. CST
- Matt: Wednesady, February 2 at 12:00 P.M. CST