One of my favorite authors, Scot McKnight, has recently released a phenomenal new book entitled One.Life. I’ve appreciated Scot’s take on theology for quite a while. I’ve devoured each book that I’ve ready by him.
In One.Life, Scot attempts to answer the question, “What is a Christian?” Simply put, his answer is, “A Christian is someone who follows Jesus.” For 14 brief and engaging chapters, One.Life applies the “Jesus Creed” to that answer to give us a more holistic understanding of what it means to follow Jesus. If you’d like to read a great review of the book, hop on over to Larry Shallenberger’s blog and read his thoughts on One.Life.
I think this book has the potential to revolutionize our understanding of what it means to be a Christian by stripping down the answer to it’s core: following Jesus. Because of this, I would like to do a book blogging project of One.Life and would love for the Elemental CM community to be a part of it.
If you’re not familiar with a book blogging project, take a look at ones that we’ve done for Too Small to Ignore as well as Think Orange. What we do is have guest contributors review one chapter of the book, sharing their thoughts and insights about that chapter. This is an independent project of Elemental CM and is in no way connected with Scot McKnight or Zondervan. If you are interested in being a part of the project, you will need to purchase your own copy of One.Life. I am posting the project at the end of March and beginning of April. You would be assigned a chapter to review as well as a date that your review will be posted on Elemental CM (you can post it on your own site as well).
Leave a comment below if you would like to participate or contact me at henryjz (at) gmail (dot) com.
UPDATE: Here are the links to the book blogging project:
- March 28 – Chapter 1: One.Life – Doug Olson
- March 29 – Chapter 2: Kingdom.Life – Eli Suddarth
- March 30 – Chapter 3: Imagined.Life – Dan Scott
- March 31 – Chapter 4: Love.Life – Emily Mullens
- April 1 – Chapter 5: Justice.Life – Noel Walker
- April 2 – Chapter 6: Peace.Life – Jesse Smith
- April 3 – Chapter 7: Wisdom.Life – Jared Massey
- April 4 – Chapter 8: Church.Life – Tim Shiels
- April 5 – Chpater 9: Committed.Life – Chris Lema
- April 6 – Chapter 10: Sex.Life – Henry Zonio
- April 7 – Chpater 11: Vocation.Life – Helen Lee
- April 8 – Chapter 12: Eternity.Life – Christiaan VandenHuevel
- April 9 – Chapter 13: God.Is.Love.Life – TBA
- April 10 – Chapter 14: Cross.Life.Ressurection.Life – Barbara Graves