After Reggie was done, he brought on Mark Batterson for an interview. Ever since reading Wild Goose Chase a while back, I’ve really appreciated Mark’s desire to see people surrender their lives to the Holy Spirit and his pioneering spirit. My familiy’s recent decision to resign my current position and move to California was, in part, confirmed through reading Wild Goose Chase.
Most recently, I’ve heard and read (via Mark’s blog) talk a lot about imagination. During the opening session, it was no different. Here are some snippets that stood out for me from Mark’s interview:
- Somewhere along doing ministry we lose our imagination.
- We stop doing ministry out of imagination and begin doing it out of memory.
We stop creating the future and begin repeating the past.
- We need lots of different churches because there are different types of people.
- Change of Pace + Change of Place = Change of Perspective
- Our lack of wonder is really a lack of love.
I love Mark’s use of the word “imagination.” It evokes a sense of wonder and belief. I’m thinking that imagination will show up a lot in Mark’s next book 🙂